So many things have changed since this outbreak and still there are different levels of those who are taking the warnings seriously and those who are just going about business as usual. I'm trying to find a middle line, yet I have serious trepidation as to whether I'm making the right decisions for our family.
My office is open with no option for me to work from home. My day care center is open. I can choose not to go to work and stay home, but for how long? And if I don't get paid, how do I support the three of us? And am I putting my children in danger by exposing them to the kids and their parents at day care? It sounds like I am, and that doesn't seem responsible to me. I'm nervous and anxious.
It's extremely uncomfortable trying to go to the stores. The kids are with me, and I can't stop them from touching everything. I tried to buy them gloves today but there were none to be found. I feel like I'm dirty and I feel like those around me are dirty. I hate touching the gas pump handles or running my card through the machines so they can empty out my account further. There are even lines on the floor, x's, as a suggested distance to stand away from one another. It doesn't stop the people who come in the door or just cut through to go down the aisle. Yesterday, I saw a farmers market was open at Udall Park. As much as I would love fresh food, I'm not going to these types of things again until this plague clears.
I took the girls up into the Catalinas today and that was quite nice. Aaliyah was extremely tired so I'm watching her closely to make sure there's not nothing wrong.
What has added to all of this confusion and anxiety is I have lost another friend of mine in this awful political climate. And this is a person who mattered to me so I'm grieving the loss deeply.
Lili did some schooling with me this evening. I learned to put lemon on a cucumber and eat it. It was really good. We can learn from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment